Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Faith without Works is dead.......


pday on the elder bikes.....hrm. ward was in heaven she loves bikes.....doesnt it look like we are having FUN



Mom,
Its so fun that you get to be with the laurels. they will never forget the impact you will have on their lives. I see it here in our ward in Pomona. These girls (less then 10) cling to each other. and every week the spirit is so strong. I don't have any advice besides follow the spirit and make it memorable. but congrats on your new callings you are going to rock it. I always new you would be the camp director one day too. you were kinda made for that calling. maybe I can come as an assistant in two summers. that would be fun! I am glad alecc is safe and sound back up in logan. and ether 12 is so good. We have been giving it to a lot of our investigators. Fe is so important in conversion. But faith had two parts believing and then the action. Faith without works is dead. I hope the boys being back in school makes things a little better. and I hope you get into MA. You will love it. well I did and shelly is such a good teacher.
So our week was good. We had a really good lesson with Neti (she is the mom of jocelyn). She really understands that she needs to prepare for her baptism and is ready to do so. Mother daughter baptism its going to be awesome. But they didn't come to church.. nobody did. Its so hard. that is one of the hardest things for latinos to do. is 
love my companion....
JUST COME TO CHURCH! so now I am studying the importance of church and the sabbath day and how it is a commandment and that jazz.(Ex 20, 31, Isiah 58)  Especialmente en la biblia porque ya creen en la biblia entonces porque no explica en una manera que es facil para ellos a entender. so ya studying that a lot. It is really hard to remember back on the week for stories. but zone conference was yesterday that is why the letter is late because pday is today. It was really good. always something else for me to work on and strive to do better. it was at our building so the less actives in our ward brought the food and served us and after we sang called to serve for them to thank them. really powerful. I love them all so much. Its going to kill when I leave Pomona. So transfers are in 3 weeks. Time just zips its nuts.
But we had a good talk with a member yesterday after she fed us. Her husband will not change. he is super against joining the church. anyways I shared this talk I have collected while on my mission. and the spirit was working in her. there was a moment where it was quiet and she stared to cry. It brakes m heart seeing these faithful women trying their hardest to follow JesuCristo a regresar un dia con sus familias and they dont want to listen. Heavenly Father has to have something special for them in heaven because they deserve so much. I cant express how amazing they are. I love being a missionary even though its tough and sometimes nobody listens we still have this gospel and what better way to spend all my time then trying to spread it? Thanks for everything! and I hope all is well. Have a splendid week. (is my spelling really getting better?? doubtful! prolly just the spell check ha)
All my love, Hermana Quezada
Ps: super fun you saw some of the gang I hope they are doing good!
he reminds me of kiki.....miss you little bros....


rude no letter.
but I remember this happened to alecc a couple times and it was usually a computer problem. but im going to act offended.
But I do want to tell you about an experience I had yesterday. So there we are waiting for people to come to church and none of our investigators show up. I was especially sad about Neti and Jocelyn. they told us they would be there and they are progressing so well. so I was sitting there and my own voice came to my mind talking to an elder earlier that morning. 'where is the faith elder they still have 15 more minutes they will come" where was my faith at that moment? and then I remembered an Hermana talking about how we have to plead with the lord poring out our hearts begging with faith. So all sacrament I prayed and prayed and mustered up my faith. and prayed and right when Obispo dismiss the priesthood to go and sit with their families, Jocelyn came and sat by us and then neti her mom followed with her grandson(who we just picked up as an investigator)
THEY CAME! that was a huge testimony builder for me for faith and prayer. if you didn't know they work! tears... yes... and then I thanked my Heavenly Father.
So later on in church the class was on la obra misional. and after they got done talking about the announcement and the age change neti turned to me and said this "I would have never heard the gospel without this command". I cant express how much I love my investigators! Well I hope you all had a great week. and I know that this church is true and no matter how hard Satan works we know who wins in the end. and I will never be on the losing side. We are here to be instruments in the Lords hands and as we do so we will be blessed. I love you and I expect letters now since there was no email.
con mucho amor, Hermana Quezada
on Pday on an adventure........crazy huh..

No comments:

Post a Comment