Wednesday, June 19, 2013

MARIA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





WHAT  WHEN DID HELLO KITTY GROW FACIAL HAIR.??????


So first off. MARIA GOT BAPTISED!!!! it was so incredible I cant even describe. so it was a joint baptism this story is great. she has been investigating/attending church for 4 years but her boyfriend would not marry her. Entonces she kicked him out! woop woop and she and her two boys were baptised super powerful. so Maria asked me to sing at her baptism.. so guess what I sang??? yup "when I was baptised" in spanish! as I was singing I looked down to my sweet MAria and she had tears in her eyes. This is why I am here so I can help people find this wonderful gospel. she gave me the biggest hug in the whole world. Now it is time to work on her family. It was sad because none of them came to the baptism. dont worry we will get them.
Showed up to Rafaels house he was sitting in his front yard with beer bottles and cans all around him. "hooola... heerrrmanasss" DRUNK! i hate alcohol. He wants to change but doesn't realize how he can. All of us can only change through Jesucristo. es not possible sin el. 
Okay funny quote from the elders. (we saw them at the church because we both needed a bathroom break... that night on the phone) "so remember when we saw you going to the bathroom.... uhhh... wow... that sounded so bad...." tons of laughing from both ends. Love the elders and yes every single person needs to respect the priesthood no matter what. I love the priesthood it is amazing. Oh and the spanish.. ya.. we are talking a lot more. it is great. ya. Oh and I rock at dodgeball. so boys watch out... IM GONNA DOM YOU! 
so I want to challenge you to go and do some missionary work. even if it is to some members. Everyone can be more converted to the gospel. so talk about the gospel with everyone I promise it will bless you and the lives of so many others. We can never do enough so do more! I love you all so much and I am so glad that you are mine. xoxox keep serving and continue to study the scriptures ther is so much we could be learning! love you
Hermana Quezada


HI MOM! 
It is so true about letting your light shine. I love it when people stop us and know we are preaching la palabra de Dios porque tenemos un luz. Es incredible. continue to grow. I get really overwhelmed because there is so much room for improvement. And no matter how much I study or learn there is always more. Thats what is great about this life. We are here to progress cada dia. esta es no posible sin la expiacion. Por medio la Expiacion tenemos la oprotunidad a regresar con Dios otra vez. It is super interesting because as missionaries our job is to teach the people what they need to return and if we explain to them what is on the table. and if they understand that they will no push it away. So now I need on helping them understand. Ah this work is so awesome. All you do everyday is wake up.. work out.. eat/fast.. get ready.. study for four hours.. and go out and talk to people all day about the gospel... Who has a better life than a missionary?? It is exciting to see the change in people. The Lord is hastening His work. and so we need to be picking up our game as well. Sorry little rant. 
So a few funny stories..
1) we are at the RS activity and the president pulls out a scale. "okay how is your goal for pysical weight loss this week." one by one each women got on that scale. WHAT NO BOUNDRIES. I felt uncomfortable for them. That is something I love about the latin culture they dont care and they are super open. it was really odd for us tho.
                                                                                   2)wanna funny/spiritual language story: 
So we were stood up for an appointment. and in my head I said "okay next person we see is our new investigator." we walk out of the gate and there was a house strait shot in front of me. "hna have you knocked that door?" "no" "lets knock it"... EXCITO!! entonces ensenamos la doctrina de Cristo and at the end she asked this question (which I didn't hear) "so I have heard a lot of stuff about piligamy and your church" (remember I didn't hear it spanish is hard sometimes) I say "is it okay if we end with a prayer"... Hna L totally saves me once again.. "good question" AHHHHHHHHH "piligamy?" "I totally dont care about your question lets end with a prayer" We laughed really hard and no worries Victoria wants us to come back even after that mistake. 
3) Maria thought president Monson was at her baptism. "He was there I saw him" "no he really wasn't there" haha sad thing that happened with her though was she missed her comfirmation:( it was a bummer. fathers day her family was all in town. but we went over to visit her and she was at her table reading the LDM with a pencil in hand markiing it all up. I love her and she will be confirmed next week. I LOVe you and thanks for the support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment